Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe with Coconut and Pineapple
Dust off the grill and fire it up for these delectable grilled chicken skewers with tropical notes of coconut and pineapple. Delicious!
Makes 16 Skewers
- 16 ounces Coconut Pineapple Sparkling Water (such as Sparkling Ice)
- ½ cup olive oil + extra to brush pineapple
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste or other spicy chili sauce (like Siracha)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs. chicken tenders or for a vegan version, use extra firm tofu chunks
- 1 fresh pineapple – peeled, cut into 1½” chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Toasted coconut for garnish, optional
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- 16 wooden skewers for grilling
In a large shallow baking dish combine the sparkling water, olive oil, harissa, salt and stir to combine. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for basting. Add chicken tenders, turning to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, soak 16 wooden skewers in water.
String the marinated chicken on 8 wooden skewers. String pineapple on remaining skewers and brush with olive oil.
Heat the grill to medium-high. Grill chicken and pineapple on two separate parts of grill. Grill chicken for 4 – 6 minutes per side (depending on thickness and heat). Remove to platter and baste with reserved marinade.
Grill pineapple until slightly caramelized. Serve with cooked rice. Garnish with cilantro and toasted coconut if desired.
Related on EcoSalon
Image and recipe via Sparkling Ice
The post Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe with Coconut and Pineapple appeared first on EcoSalon.