Easy, Free Embroidery Patterns and Projects for the Holidays
Get started on your handmade holiday gifts with these free embroidery patterns and projects.
The holiday season is once again upon us (unless you pay attention to the Christmas music playing at every retailer, then it’s been Christmas since early September), and that means it’s way past time for you to start making your holiday gifts.
For the crafty among us, we don’t shop at the mall for holiday gifts. Instead, we craft our own handmade gifts. And whether you’ve taken a stab at it before or not, embroidery patterns and projects are perfect for handmade holiday gifts. Hand embroidery, cross-stitch, and needlecraft are an lovely evening pastime while catching with the latest episodes of “Empire” or “Scandal.” Embroidery patterns and projects can also be as complicated or as simple as your skills allow.
Take a look at these embroidery patterns and projects for everything from embroidered holiday tree ornaments to cup cozies to get started on your homemade holiday gift list–and don’t forget yourself too!
Embroidery Patterns and Projects Homemade Holiday Gifts
- Snowflake Embroidered Hoop Ornaments – Turn embroidery floss, linen or muslin, and glitter into pretty snowflake ornaments with the basic backstitch. Make one of these up for everyone on your list or decorate the tree with them.
- Easy Embroidered Table Runner – Repurpose a plain table runner into a thing of holiday cheer with this easy project using the backstitch and the French knot.
- Free Christmas Embroidery Patterns – Choose from Santa, snowmen, the cutest chickadee in a hat ever, and other Christmas-themed patterns that you can embroider on everything from napkins, t-shirts, pillows and more.
- Embroidered Wreath – Forego the real greenery this year for an embroidered version instead. Use floss, ribbon, and seed beads to make a gorgeous piece for you and your giftees. This one will take more time, so you better get started.
- Felt and Embroidery Cup Cozies – This project is so super easy that you can make them for everyone on your list. Simply cut cup sleeves out of felt and embroidery with simple designs like a backstitched heart, French knots in a pattern or simple stitched X’s.
- Hanukkah Coasters – Make a set of Hanukkah coasters for someone (or yourself) from thread and felt. Simple and practical!
- Embroidered Holiday Gift Tags – To top off all your gifts make these easy embroidered holiday gift tags. Make monogrammed versions or general all-purpose tags decorated with a star, tree, snowman and more. Get creative!
Related on EcoSalon:
The post Easy, Free Embroidery Patterns and Projects for the Holidays appeared first on EcoSalon.