9 Sensationally Quick Weekend Knit and Crochet Projects
When the days turn shorter, and the temperatures get nippy, that means it is time to get to work on knitting and crochet projects.
Some folks do like to knit and crochet year round, but most of us only thing about stitching when the weather turns colder and the early nights mean more nighttime TV watching. If the idea of knitting and crocheting appeals to you, but you haven’t yet finished projects from last year, then you may want to consider smaller projects. Don’t bite off more than you chew, but instead choose quick knit and crochet projects that you can finish in a weekend (or even during your week time nightly stitching sessions).
But how to choose quick projects? Whether choosing a free project from the Internet or purchasing a pattern from Etsy, Craft site here, or craft store, there are a few ways to identify a quick stitching product.
4 Tips for Choosing Quick Knitting and Crochet Projects
- Look at the number called for in the project. If it calls for more than 1-2 skeins of yarn, it’s probably going to take more than a couple of days to complete. Of course, it does depend on how quickly you stitch, but for us occasional stitchers more than 1-2 skeins may mean a little more dedication is needed to finish the project.
- Chunky knit and crochet projects are usually quicker to complete. The chunky yarns mean fewer stitches, which means a quicker finish. Chunky knits and crochet are also super cute and on trend.
- Size matters. Keep your goals realistic when choosing a quick stitching project. It’s really a no-brainer–a scarf is a realistic goal to complete in a weekend, while a queen-sized afghan is not. Choose carefully and realistically–otherwise, you might just end up with yet another unfinished project this time next year.
- Choose patterns you understand. If there’s a new technique or stitch in the pattern, maybe save it for another time. If you want a guaranteed quick project, use skills you already have. While learning new skills is usually a good thing, it’s not ideal when you are looking for quick knit and crochet projects.
Quick Knit and Crochet Projects
- Crochet Market Tote – We’d crochet up a few of these to keep on hand for the farmers market.
- Crochet Coaster – Crochet up a dozen of these beginner crochet coasters in different colors to use up leftover yarn.
- Knitted Fingerless Mittens – Knit up these babies to wear while you kit other projects.
- Chunky Knit Earwarmers – This beginner pattern is just what you need to keep your ears warm.
- Knitted Hot Water Bottle Cozy – Knit this water bottle cozy up for extra warmth this winter.
- Super Chunky Knitted Hat – If ear warmers aren’t enough for you, knit up a textured chunky knit hat.
- Coffee/Tea Cup Cozy – Keep your warm drink warm with this tutorial for a knit or crochet cup cozy.
- One Skein Knit Cowl – This easy projects boosts that it should only take one night to complete!
- Knitted Basket – Knit up a handy yarn basket in which to store your latest stitch project.
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Knitting With Bright Manicure via Shutterstock
The post 9 Sensationally Quick Weekend Knit and Crochet Projects appeared first on EcoSalon.