In case you haven’t yet heard the new Marsala red has been named the “Color of the Year” for 2015.
Pantone has named Marsala as the color for 2015. Pantone has been a leader in color matching, color identification and color communication for decades providing clear color profiles for the industrial and creative arts. For over 50 years it have been a decision-maker in what colors become popular and trendy in the world of fashion and home decor, and this year Pantone forecasts Marsala will be the color of the year.
For those who aren’t quite sure, Marsala is a deep and earthy wine red. It’s equally elegant, warm and seductive. Marsala is the kind of color that plays well as both an evening gown and as a table covering. The natural brown-red of Marsala is not a flighty color, but it’s earthiness comes of as rich and sophisticated.
How to Add the Color of the Year for 2015 to Your Home
- Marsala Subway Tile – If you are looking to redo your kitchen or bathroom, consider using this Marsala red subway tile for your project.
- Marsala Duvet Cover – Marsala doesn’t just have to be for the living and kitchen, add some Marsala spice to the bedroom.
- Gauze Curtains – Add some Marsala red boho chic to your room with some gauzy curtains.
- Square Arm Sofa – For those in the market for a new sofa, one in Marsala red would make a strong impression on any room.
- ZigZag Rug – Adding a rug is often the easiest way to incorporate a new color into your decor.
- Shimmer Garland – For a bit of fun, consider adding a shimmery gold and Marsala garland.
- Throw Pillows – Another super easy way to add a new color trend is with throw pillows. These color-block pillows are both elegant and on trend.
- Marsala Dishes – Little touches, like coffee mugs and other dishes, can be a fun way to add a bit of Marsala to your home.
- Marsala Red Lamp – Get the color of the year with this pretty lamp.
Related on EcoSalon
Top Image: JillianReneDecor
The post 9 Magnificent Ideas for Incorporating The Color of the Year for 2015: Marsala appeared first on EcoSalon.