‘Tis the season for merriment, but dry skin issues can leave us feeling less than jolly. Enlist an organic skin balm and your scaly, cracked, irritated ailments will vanish. How’s that for a holiday miracle?
Skin balm is the ideal product for treating excessive winter dryness. From facial dryness and irritation, to cracked fingers and heels, it is practically an overnight fix for all your dry skin this winter. Definitely a must have for the chilly season.
While multitasking is taking a backseat to mindfulness in 2015, there’s nothing wrong with a beauty product that treats more than one issue. Skin balm can be used as a facial moisturizer, lip balm, elbow and heel treatment, whole body skin soother, and even helps open stuffy noses.
When choosing a skin balm be sure to go organic. Petrolatum is the main ingredient in many mainstream balms. Not only does it come with serious health risks, but clogs pores and prevents skin from breathing. Other harmful cosmetic ingredients may include synthetic fragrance, synthetic colorants, and parabens.
Following are our top picks for organic skin balms + how to use them:
1. May Lindstrom Skin The Blue Cocoon – The luxe of all skin balms, this healer touts Blue Tansy (a natural anti-inflammatory) to calm and soothe irritated skin. The price tag is on the higher end, but with this stuff a little dab truly will do. Use as a spot treatment for red or upset areas. Perfect for all skin types and smells great too!
2. Suti Purity Organic Moisturizing Balm – This balm can seriously be used for every dry skin issue. I love it in winter for face, hands, and feet. Soaks quickly into skin so you aren’t left with a grease slick. Apply before bed for serious hydration while you catch your zzzs.
3. Suti Cleanse Organic Facial Cleansing Balm – Another fave by Suti. This balm is perfect for cleansing dry skin. If you’ve been applying extra moisturizer and still seeing irritation or extra dryness, it is likely your cleanser. A cleansing balm binds to dirt and makeup, gently removing them from skin. Perfecto for this time of year. At nighttime simply warm a small amount of this balm between fingertips and massage gently into face. Rinse with a warm water and apply moisturizer as usual. Your skin will be so much happier.
4. Dr. Shannon’s Organic Skin Balm – This one works wonders on those odds and ends. Cuticles, lips, even razor burn respond well to a swipe of this simple yet superhero-like balm. Stash a tiny tin in your bag for on the go balming.
5. S.W. Basics Cream – Ok, this is a straightforward skin cream. But it’s balm-like qualities can’t be denied. We use it to treat chapped lips and skin all winter long. It also works wonders on eczema. And it lasts forever, so this one is a steal.
6. Balanced Guru Balm Me Up – Super smooth, this stuff is a bedside bestie. Slather it onto hands and feet pre-sleep and you’ll wake up soft as a petal. Cocoa butter and citrus oils make for some sweet aromatherapy action too.
7. Zoe Organics Breathe Balm – Little one have a cold? Apply this convenient balm stick to chest and soles of feet for relief from stuffiness and cough. Made with cocoa butter to soothe and eucalyptus and tea tree oils to open things up. Works on adults too!
Related on EcoSalon
Image by A.A.
The post 7 Rich and Luxe Organic Skin Balms to Soothe and Protect Dry Skin this Winter appeared first on EcoSalon.