7 Post Holiday Skin Detox Tricks
Weight gain may be the main complaint post holidays, but party season wreaks havoc on skin too. These 7 skin detox tricks ought to have you looking and feeling great in no time.
Know why you feel so zapped post holidays? Obviously the late nights, extra cocktails, and sugary treats take their toll. But it comes down to imbalance. If you stray radically from your diet, beauty routine, sleep schedule, and workout regimen (which most of us do over the holidays) your body gets thrown out of balance. This results in weight gain, low energy, sluggish digestion, blemishes, sallow complexion, dark circles, and even anxiety. Let’s get you back on track. Pronto!
Like most good things, this is not going to be instant. It took a few days or weeks to get out of whack, it’ll take a few to get back to normal. The good news is, you’ll feel small changes for the better right away.
7 Post Holiday Skin Detox Tricks
1. Water // First on the list for a reason, water not only keeps you hydrated but flushes out impurities and keeps digestion moving along. It’s easy to forgo plain old water during the holidays, with all of those egg nogs, spiced ciders, and peppermint mochas on the scene. Commit to drinking eight glasses a day. You’ll feel the benefits of this one instantly. Put your H2O in a sexy bottle to up the temptation factor.
2. Fiber // Rather than going on a radical cleanse or fast, simply go back to a healthy way of eating. Including healthy fiber in your diet will get digestion back on track and rid your body of toxins you’ve accumulated over the season. Organic fruits and veggies are the way to go here.
3. Pore detox // We may not advocate a cleanse diet here, but there is certainly nothing wrong with cleansing your pores. Toxins that gather in pores can do more than wreck your complexion. It hinders your healthy skincare from fully absorbing into skin. Honey is great for sucking out pollutants while softening skin. Try Wedderspoon 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+.
4. Collagen boosters // Did you know that sugar breaks down collagen? It’s true, and the reason our skin tends to look saggy after the holiday carb binge. No better time to enlist the help of some natural anti-aging ingredients. Look for products that contain rosehip oil, evening primrose oil, green tea, and hyaluronic acid. Amala Rejuvenating Collagen Mask and Ila Face Oil for Glowing Radiance are excellent complexion revivers.
5. Exercise // Taking even a week or two off of working out can make it super hard to get back in the exercise groove. Start small with 10 minute mini workouts. Getting your blood pumping will make your skin look so great and body feel so good that you’ll be back in your normal routine in no time.
6. Eye bag banishers // It can be difficult to shake post party raccoon eyes. It’s not just a lack of zzzs causing those dark circles. Eating too much sugar and not drinking enough water are culprits too. Balanced diet, and steering clear of too much caffeine, sugar, salty foods, and alcohol will all help to perk up your peepers. In the meantime, here’s a trick to instantly wake up those eyes: Line upper and lower lash line with a luminizer, like Vapour Organic Beauty Trick Stick Highlighter.
7. Blemish busters // Wondering what’s up with the breakouts? Imbalance in the body can cause skin to become upset. Resist the urge to pick or get overzealous with product. To get your complexion back on the right track go back to basics. Be sure you are cleansing before bed, exfoliating 1-2 times per week, and moisturizing adequately. Following these tips, along with the others here, should have your skin back to normal in no time.
Related on EcoSalon
Image by Robert Terrell at Flickr.com