6 Microbead-Free Exfoliating Body Scrubs for Rough Winter Skin
Winter has definitely set in. Even if you have no SAD tendencies, that dry winter skin can get you down. You don’t have to turn to plastic microbeads or synthetic emollients to get your bod back to soft and silky.
Have you hit that point in winter where you shun short sleeves and wouldn’t dream of letting your SO touch your legs?
Rough, bumpy, leathery skin doesn’t take long to set in once indoor heating and dry weather are a part of the scene. Your skin may seem beyond repair right now, but all you need is a healthy body scrub. And no, microbeads are not necessary (nor are they soon going to be available, either, thanks to Obama’s recent ban).
Sugar, salt, crushed apricot kernels and walnut hulls are all used to effectively exfoliate skin–even more effective than plastic in the first place. It’s important to remember when using abrasives to be gentle and limit to once or twice per week. Another alternative is using fruit and lactic acids. These guys do the work without the physical abrasives, and can be used more often than a traditional scrub.
Winter skin is rough because it is dry. To get the most out of your body scrubs this time of year, use products with natural oils or follow up with a healthy body moisturizer.
6 Microbead-Free Body Scrubs for Winter Skin
1. Tata Harper Smoothing Body Scrub employs a variety of exfoliants – pink Himalayan and Hawaiian sea salts, cranberry fibers, apricot seed powder, and organic sugar – to get skin super smooth. Argan and olive oils moisturize and soften.
2. Raw sugar does the work in Soapwalla Almond Luxe Body Polish, while cardamom and ginger rev up a nice glow you thought you wouldn’t see until next summer.
3. For luxe feel and delicious scent with your scrub, go for Odacite Invigorating Jasmine Mimosa Body Scrub. Walnut shell powder leaves skin baby soft.
4. Mostly used as a facial treatment, I use One Love Organics Brand New Day Scrub & Mask on my decollete and arm too. Works like a charm for instant smoothness.
6. Hydrea London Carbonized Bamboo Exfoliating Gloves are another way to go when polishing the bod. Carbonized bamboo fibers produce negatively charged ions, said to recharge skin and boost the mood.
*Disclaimer: Help support EcoSalon! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on EcoSalon
Body scrub image via Shutterstock
The post 6 Microbead-Free Exfoliating Body Scrubs for Rough Winter Skin appeared first on EcoSalon.