23 Legit Reasons Why Being Single Is the Best
The curious case of being single and awesome.
Relationships are great, don’t get me wrong—the loving, the bonding, the sexing—but there are so many amazing perks that come with being single too. So many, in fact, it’s difficult to ignore the awesomeness of flying solo:
1. You can get your flirt on guilt-free.
2. The entire bed. All to yourself.
3. You don’t have to waste time on his douchey friends.
4. You also don’t have to do the whole insta-BFF thing which his douchey friends’ douchey girlfriends.
5. You can skip shaving for months and nobody will ever know.
6. Your at-home rituals can be as gross and unattractive as you want.
7. You’re not financially tied to someone.
8. Vibrators don’t expect you to return the favor.
9. When you clean your place, it actually stays that way.
10. There’s no such thing as a predictable night out.
11. Sleep. As in, you actually get some.
12. You can be as bloaty and miserable on your period as you want without having to consider someone else’s feelings (or libido).
13. The recommendations on your Netflix queue are actually for you.
14. Closet space.
15. You don’t have to deal with someone else’s family when you can barely deal with your own.
16. Your future relationships will be that much better because you’re taking the time to deal with your shit.
17. You can order the exact pizza toppings you want.
18. You don’t have to compete with an Xbox for attention.
19. You can take as long as you want to get ready without someone getting all judgey.
20. You don’t have to find a place for his scary garage sale chair or gaudy football paraphernalia.
21. You can work late/accept anonymous invites without having to check with anyone first.
22. You can make mistakes without anyone holding them against you.
What do you love most about being single?