20 Inspiring Quotes About Autumn
We’re halfway through autumn, and with the season come colorful leaves, a crisp, cool air and plenty of pumpkins and apples to delight your senses and tide you over for the months to come. It is a magical time of year that reminds you of the beauty in change. For many, it is the best time of the year to luxuriate in Mother Nature’s offerings as well as be genuinely inspired. The following 20 quotes about autumn reveal the indubitable glory in this oh-so-special season.
Fall is perhaps my personal favorite among the four seasons, mostly because it strikes the perfect balance between hot and cold weather, with a slight lean towards the cooler side. You can still enjoy outdoor activities under the sun, which dramatically pierces through the gaping edges of tree foliage, and feel comfortable with just a light sweater – never overheated, never too chilled. Meanwhile, you are able to sit back and bask in the sheer beauty of the falling leaves and their various colors – yellow, red, pink and brown. The flavors of autumn also get me excited – I love the seasonal spices, squashes and fruits that appear on the menu and bring incredible taste to my meals. Understandably, I am not alone. These 20 quotes about autumn are testament to why the season is so beloved.
Quotes About Autumn
1. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
2. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery
3. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” – Dodie Smith
5. “Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
6. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like
they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson
7. “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
8. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler
9. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
10. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
11. “A wind has blow the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known Autumn too long.” – E.E. Cummings
12. “I love like a leaf in the wind. Please, hold your applause until the end of the performance (the last day of fall).” – Jarod Kintz
13. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
14. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
15. “Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Eliot
16. “By all these lovely tokens September days are here, with Summer’s best of weather and Autumn’s best of cheer.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
17. “Autumn’s the mellow time.” – William Allingham
18. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
19. “Days decrease, and Autumn grows, Autumn in everything.” – Robert Browning
20. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flower we more than gain in fruits.” – Samuel Butler
Related on EcoSalon
Photo Credit: lee