11 Popular Trends We May (Or May Not) Be Tired of Yet
Sure, there’s always been popular trends in art, craft, fashion, and decor, but the rise of online shopping and the arts and crafts style has brought about a nichification that is entirely new thanks to the rise of the handmade market hipster aesthetic in the last decade or so.
Some of these popular trends we are happy to see fall by the wayside (trucker hats, anyone?), while other trends will mostly never die (owls will be around forever).
We’ve pulled together a roundup of some of the popular trends we both love and love to hate. What are your favorite or not so favorite fashion and decor popular trends? Let us know in the comments!
Popular Trends We May (Or May Not) Be Tired of Yet
1. Mustache – If we never see another fake felt mustache on a stick again, we will be very, very pleased. The same goes with the mustached tees, bags, beer glasses, and more. It’s enough already. Image: Bread and Badger
2. Faux Taxidermy – This is one decor trend that still has a tiny space in our hearts. When it works, it works–like these fantastical faux taxidermy creatures. Image: Horrible Adorables
3. Put a Bird on It – While some may think that the “Put a Bird On It” trend (that’s a “Portlandia” reference if you weren’t aware) is over, birds are still in, in our opinion. Birds just are never going to go out of style. Image: Little Flower Designs
4. Beards – Tasteful beards on men still work for us, but the beard tees, posters, wallpaper, and cup cozies just don’t. Please stop. Image: Benton Park Prints
5. Felted Anything – Some like felted wool doodads (like jewelry, wallets, notebook covers, etc.). Others of us realize felted wool is what happens when you accidently put wool in the washer and dryer. It’s a mistake, not a fashion statement. Image: Floral Forest
6. Skulls – The skull motif, while a bit overplayed, is just never going to go out of style. Image: MiracleShine
7. Owls – Owls rock. They have been firmly in the popular category since the 1970s, and we don’t see them losing their popularity. Hipster kids and their grandmothers will forever be rocking this trend. Image: Nate Duval
8. Chevron – The Chevron has seen its popularity wane a bit from a few years ago, but we still like the boldness this pattern can offer home decor. Image: Urban Outfitters
9. Feathers – The feather trend may be played out, especially since the use of feathers can sometimes cross over into cultural appropriation territory. We would say that feather pen and ink illustration art is still in, but feather headdresses have already been out–unless you happen to be Native American. Image: Golly Bard
10. Faux Bois – In our opinion faux bois is another timeless pattern trend. The market might been oversaturated with the pattern in the past few years, but it’s like the little, black dress and will never truly go out of style. Image: Sherees Atelier
11. Pugs – How could you ever tire of pugs? Image: Buy Olympia
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Felt Mustaches via Shutterstock
The post 11 Popular Trends We May (Or May Not) Be Tired of Yet appeared first on EcoSalon.