11 Clever DIY Father’s Day Ideas to Make for Dad
Show dad some love with these DIY Father’s Day ideas you can make.
Forget going to the mall (to some a four-letter word) and getting dad a tie this Father’s Day. Instead of buying more crap that will just end up in a landfill, DIY Father’s Day gifts are the way to go. Get crafty and make your dad a gift from your heart and hands–extra points if you can repurpose goods previously destined for the landfill.
DIY Father’s Day gifts have come a long way since those those macaroni necklaces of your youth. Now that you are all grown up, and you have the Internet, you can make a useful and practical gift that your dad will appreciate and can actually use!
Here’s a roundup of DIY Father’s Day ideas including gifts that are suitable for both big and little kids.
DIY Father’s Day Gifts
- Adjustable Unisex Apron – Whether dad is a cook, baker or griller, this DIY apron will do the trick. It’s sized to work for those who are average height and those who are over 6 feet.
- DIY Bar Cart – If your dad is into being the mixologist at parties, make him a bar cart from repurposed pallets.
- Ring Toss Game – Repurpose soda or beer bottles into a backyard ring toss game. Perfect for project for kids and mom to help create some outdoor fun.
- DIY Croquet – Another classic outdoor game to make yourself.
- DIY Hammock – And if your dad is more into relaxing in the backyard, make him his own hammock.
- DIY Cord Storage – What dad wouldn’t appreciate a fashionable and practical DIY cord storage roll up?
- Device Sleeve – Make dad a digital device sleeve from repurposed fabrics.
- DIY Couch Tray – DIY up a practical couch sleeve/tray to make your dad feel like the king of the couch!
- DIY Tie Storage – Repurpose bungee cords and boards to make dad some useful tie/ belt/cord storage.
- Ethernet Keychains – Are you or your father a network nerd? Repurpose ethernet ports and cords into keychains.
- Hand-stamped Wooden Bookmarks – This is practical project for younger kids to gift dad the bookworm.
Related on EcoSalon